Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ok I was off for a week and a few days, but I'm here again.

"random bulgarian prom girl"

I was having my graduation and prom this few days, that's why I couldn't post. In Bulgaria the time around graduation and proms is a crazy time. We don't celebrate like no other country in the World. I'll just quote some guy's blog I found:


"It has now grown into a tradition that on their graduation prom students from Bulgaria would celebrate as if they are celebrating their wedding.

Expenses that cover the party are more then a lot. Everything has to be perfect from the dress or the costume to the hairstyle. Most students would give their best to enter the party in the most spectacular way as well. It has now become a tradition on the way to the restaurant where the prom ball is taking place the students would just crow out of the vehicles as they are in motion. The police has many times given tickets to the drivers allowing this, but still they can't prevent this offense against the law."



Ok, ok I found a nice video in which you can see a demonstration of this craaazy celebration.
This is 2008 video, I just couldn't find others. I think the people who were shooting at my prom were shooting for themselves, their families or something. It may sound ridiculous, but it's actually nice. 

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I enjoyed the post ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Bulgarian proms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really nice! I wanted to take a trip to bulgaria for a long time now becouse of the great sea side and cheap prices it truly is a heaven for turists :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, and already learned something.

    I love to learn stuff about countries like that. For example, I know that in some spanish cities they take the 18th Birthday veery serious. Limousines for the whole day are a must. Taking you to school, where you get a gigantic party. Get home with the limo. Party. All the friends pay ridiculous amounts of money for the person who gets 18. But since everybody does that, It's awesome because in the end all pay the same for each other :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. a break here and then is always good. welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks like they really go all out. I know my prom wasn't that epic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see your back posting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting what things are really significant in other countries. Thanks for sharing your culture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. poorly dressed (but I still would)

    ReplyDelete